What is an Imago Facilitator?
Imago Facilitators use the theory and practice of Imago Relationships to guide people to build and deepen connection and relationship. They help clients identify root causes of challenges and then walk beside them as individuals, pairs and groups offering gentle support as they seek solutions. It falls into out TALK goals.
Is Imago Facilitation the same as Imago Therapy?
No, facilitation is not therapy. Facilitators are trained to know if the heart of the dialogue issue is out of their scope and will refer to a therapist if needed. Both rely heavily on Imago Dialogue and other tools first introduced by Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt in “Getting the Love you Want” and other books.
How are Imago Facilitators certified?
90 hours of training in addition to completing a supervised project. They are certified by Imago Relationships International.
What do Imago Facilitators do?
They help people learn how to talk and listen to each other in productive, non-combative ways producing empathy and results. They work in 4 broad areas: Individuals, Couples or Pairs, Groups and Families, Organizations. We believe Imago Facilitation can benefit almost anyone.
Below are some specific examples to demonstrate the scope:
- An individual seeking a change of career or a new relationship
- A couple facing a significant decision or struggling with the same fight over and over
- A pair of roommates or coworkers settling into a new arrangement
- A group of friends or neighbors finding themselves in conflict
- A family experiencing a transition
- A non-profit group coordinating volunteers
- A corporate team working on a challenging project
- Executives discussing a merger
- A church building or expanding committees or small groups
- Any group looking to work together more effectively